Wednesday 22 July 2015

Chaithra Katamneni wins Junior Texas Open Golf Tournament

SAN ANTONIO — Chaithra Katamneni of Coppell, Texas, wins after shooting a final-round 2-over-par 74 for a tournament total of 9-over-par 225 on the AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio.

Katamneni carded three birdies on the day, including one on the 303 yard par 4 No. 17 to seal the victory.

“Later on in the round is when I really started to calm down,” Katamneni said. “Once I did that, I was able to make some pars and a couple birdies.”

She will be competing in two other AJGA events this summer before starting her college career at the University of Nevada in the fall. The win is her first in four years of AJGA competition and she feels her confidence has returned.

“It feels so great to get this win. This course is really hard and I feel great just getting around the course,” Katamneni said. “I had been struggling for a little while and now I know that I can compete and hang in there with the pressure situations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment