Wednesday 17 December 2014

Nirmala Naidoo nominated as federal Liberal candidate


Former television journalist Nirmala Naidoo will represent the Liberal Party of Canada in the next federal election.

She was nominated on Tuesday by members of the Calgary Rocky Ridge Federal Liberal Association, according to a news release.

“I am thrilled to represent the Liberal Party of Canada in Calgary Rocky Ridge,” Naidoo said in the release.

“Having been in the living rooms of Calgarians for nearly a decade, I believe that Rocky Ridge residents need someone who can hear their concerns, and be their voice in Ottawa. I look forward to the hard work I have ahead of me in 2015 to earn their support.”

Naidoo spent nearly 20 years as an anchor in Calgary with CBC and Global Calgary. She announced her plan to enter federal politics last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment